So, you want to transfer?

Started a course at university and decided it’s not for you? Don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world. Here are your options if you’ve had a change of heart.

Transferring into a brand new study area?
Started studying Science but decided your real passion is Advertising? If you’ve decided to transfer to a brand new study area, there’s good news: it’s a straightforward process to move to Macleay.

Just start your application here and one of our Course Advisors will be in touch to organise a campus tour and admissions interview.

Transferring into a similar course at a different college or university?

If you’re enjoying aspects of your course but the institution doesn’t feel right, it’s an easy process to transfer providers. What’s more, you may be eligible for Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL).

What is Recognition of Prior Learning?

Recognition of Prior Learning (RPL) determines whether a student can receive credit for prior learning. The assessment process looks at the extent to which a student has also achieved the required learning outcomes of a unit of study. Macleay will recognise prior learning for course credit from study and also work/life experience.

What’s the RPL application process?

A prospective or current student wishing to apply for course credit must submit this application form to the Office of the Registrar. Only completed and signed applications will be accepted. They must also be accompanied by the required evidence.

What’s the RPL assessment process?

Macleay will determine whether the knowledge and skills from prior learning or experience are equivalent to the content and learning outcomes of the unit of study for which credit is being sought. The following factors will be considered:

  • Course and/or unit outcomes
  • The volume of learning and breadth of course content
  • Assessment methods
  • Reference and reading materials, learning resources and facilities
  • Academic results
  • Substantiated relevant and current experience

Transferring into a similar study area at Macleay?

Follow the steps below to apply to transfer into a similar study area at Macleay.

  • Start your application here.
  • To apply for RPL, you’ll need to complete this form.

You’ll need to make sure you can provide:

  • Academic transcript(s) of previous courses of study including the year completed, subjects and results
  • Unit outlines and/or course descriptions including learning outcomes
  • Proof of the number of teaching and study hours
  • Portfolios, work samples, position description, CV and references

Our Course Advisors are always happy to answer questions you may have and to make the transfer process as smooth as possible. Book a time to chat about your future here

Take the next step



Latest News And Events