Started a course somewhere and decided it’s not for you? Don’t worry, it’s not the end of the world. As you'll read below, a number of our students have transferred from larger universities and haven't looked back.
Even if you've started your degree, there's still time to make the switch before census date and experience the Macleay difference. Applications for Trimester 1 close on 19 March.
Students who have made the switch to Macleay
- Two journalism students who made the move from Swinburne to Macleay and haven't looked back>
Tima Halloum and Helena Abdou made the switch from Swinburne to Macleay and landed stories in major broadsheets just days after starting their journalism courses with Macleay. Upon reflection, Helena says she would have done things differently if she could, “I’d have chosen Macleay over a big university to begin with. It’s the perfect place to kickstart your career and learn from some of the industry's best journalists."
- How switching to Macleay helped me get my foot in the door >
Isabelle Dugan made the switch to Macleay from a major university and credits the college with helping her secure her dream job with 12WBT. "I was enrolled at a big university in an academic media degree that offered little real-life education, practical courses or content. We just wrote a lot of essays."
- How Holly Moody transferred from Griffith University and landed her dream job with Swarovski before even graduating >
"I gained early entry into Griffith University, and I planned to roll full steam ahead with a Bachelor of Journalism. After one week into university life, I just knew it wasn’t for me. I needed something different, where I wasn’t 1 of 200 people sitting in a lecture theatre."
- Fox Sports presenter, Tara Rushton switched from a major university to study journalism at Macleay >
"After a gap year I started University, however the experience didn’t resonate with me and I felt a bit lost. I realised I was after a more intimate learning environment, I didn’t like the massive lecture halls and the lack of routine at University. I discovered Macleay and saw that Catriona Rowntree (then Getaway presenter) also studied there - and I thought she had the best job in the world."
- Contact us via email or call us on 0475 754 090
- How to transfer and recognition of prior learning >
- Apply now - start your application and we'll be in touch with the next steps >
- Download a course guide for domestic Australian or international students >