top of page

Frequently Asked


Admissions Criteria

This is different for each course. Speak to one of our Course Advisors who will give you advice on the criteria and how this will be applied to each individual’s circumstances.


Cost of Living

Students should prepare themselves for accommodation and living costs to be at a minimum AUD $21,041 per year. Please be advised that costs may vary on the type of accommodation and location you choose to stay. 


For student cost of living visit:

For more information on visas:



Arriving in Australia


To help you prepare for your arrival in Australia please visit the section “Living in Australia” Please contact the International team at Macleay College accommodation options. 


We recommend you know how to get to the campus before commencement of orientation. Orientation sessions are held in the week before classes begin and are compulsory.

Overseas Student Health Cover (OHSC)


OSHC is compulsory medical health insurance for international students studying in Australia. 


BUPA is our preferred OHSC provider, however you may choose to arrange your own health cover in which case you will need to send us a copy of your OSHC policy notice at the time of your acceptance. 


For more information on the services offered by BUPA, please refer to



Migration Advice


Macleay College is not legally permitted to provide advice about migration or visas. Only the Department of Home Affairs, a Registered Migration Agent or a Migration Lawyer are permitted to do so. You can search for a Registered Migration Agent on the MARA website at



Higher education providers in Australia must be registered to enrol overseas students in specific courses. Registered providers have a CRICOS provider code and a specific CRICOS course code for each course. This registration guarantees the provider and the course meet the high standards necessary for overseas students. 


For further information visit:

Students Applying Through Education Agents


We have an extensive network of registered Education Agents in Australia and overseas who can assist with your application. Please note students from specific countries are required to go through an Education Agent. 

Speak to Macleay Today


The Course Advisors at Macleay are here to support students and provide all the information needed to select the right course for each individual student. Get in touch today.


Macleay College must meet minimum standards set by:


TEQSA (The Tertiary Education Quality and Standards Agency) to enable registration under the ESOS (Education Service for Overseas Students) Act. This protects Australia’s reputation for delivering quality education services and the interests of overseas students, by setting minimum standards and providing tuition and financial assurance.


The ESOS Act mandates a nationally consistent approach to registering education providers so that the quality of tuition and care of students remains high. The professionalism and integrity of the industry is further strengthened by the ESOS Act’s interface with immigration law. This imposes visa-related reporting requirements on both students and providers. 


The National Code is a set of nationally consistent standards that govern the protection of overseas students and delivery of courses by providers that are registered on the Commonwealth Register of Institutions and Courses for Overseas Students (CRICOS).


For further information visit:

Student Visa


To study in Australia, you must have a valid Australian visa. Student visas are temporary visas that allow people to come to Australia for a specified period to study at an Australian institution. For more information visit the Department of Home Affairs


International students applying for a student visa must undertake a full time load each year. They are also required to remain in their principal course for at least six (6) months before they can request a transfer to study at another education provider. 


Student conditions: Make sure you are familiar with the conditions of your visa by reviewing the information set out on the Department of Home Affairs website.


Financial requirements: You must have sufficient funds to cover all education and living expenses for the duration of your studies. Refer to the ‘student visa living costs and evidence of funds’ section on the Department of Home Affairs website. 


Bringing other family members: You may be eligible to bring family members depending on your visa. School-aged children must be enrolled at school. School fees will vary depending on school, age of child and if you are a scholarship holder. 


Tuition Protection Service


The Tuition Protection Service (TPS) is an initiative of the Australian Government to assist international students whose education providers are unable to fully deliver their course of study. The TPS ensures that international students are able to either complete their studies in another course or with another education provider, or receive a refund of their unspent tuition fees. 


For more information visit


Tuition Fees


Tuition Fees are listed in the Offer of Admission and are correct at the time of issue. They may be subject to an increase each calendar year and students are required to pay the new tuition fee each year. Tuition fees are due at the beginning of each study period; however, you can pay fees in advance. 

Student Services Amenities Fee

The Student Services and Amenities Fees (SSAF) was established in 2011 via the Student Services and Amenities Act 2011 as an amendment to the Higher Education Support (HESA) Act 2003.


All students commencing from 2023, Trimester 1 are required to pay SSAF.


The fee is compulsory and supports non-academic student services such as counselling, wellbeing, career advice and library materials made available to the entire student population. All students must pay the fee even if they do not use the services. SSAF FAQs

bottom of page