This page will be updated regularly.
Please add email@example.com to your safe senders' list in your mail client. Please email firstname.lastname@example.org for any assistance.
Where can I get my graduation photos?
Download your graduation photos here:
When is graduation?
When and where will graduation take place?
- Graduation for the classes of 2019 and 2020 will take place on Thursday 22 April 2021 at the Sydney Masonic Function Centre, 279 Castlereagh Street in Sydney.
- Graduating students will need to arrive at the venue for gowning and rehearsal at 12:30pm.
- Guests may enter the venue from 1.20pm - not before.
- The event concludes at 4:10pm.
- Please add email@example.com to your safe senders' list in your mail client so that you can receive updates.
Where do I get my academic dress?
- You must hire or purchase your own academic dress prior to the graduation ceremony and bring this with you to the ceremony.
- Sourcing and returning academic dress is the responsibility of the graduate.
- If you do not have an academic dress you will not be able to participate in the ceremony.
- Please hire or purchase your academic dress from our supplier at https://churchillgowns.com.au/collections/macleay-college
- Diploma students must wear - white hoods
- Bachelor students must wear - light blue hoods
I paid for an academic dress two years ago. Why do I have to pay again?
- Due to COVID restrictions, Macleay is no longer able to offer a gown hire service.
- You must organise your academic dress with Churchill Gowns.
- Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org to organise a refund if you have previously paid for gown hire.
- You will need your student number and receipt information to obtain a refund.
**** If you do not have an academic dress you will not be able to participate in the ceremony. ****
Information for Melbourne students
Is there a ceremony in Melbourne this year?
- No. Melbourne graduates will be flown down to Sydney to attend graduation at the Sydney Masonic Centre.
Why are Melbourne students having a graduation ceremony in Sydney?
- Due to uncertainties around COVID19 and social distancing requirements, Macleay will not be holding a face-to-face graduation ceremony in Melbourne this year.
- Melbourne students have the option of attending a face-to-face graduation ceremony next year (COVID permitting), or, they can attend the graduation ceremony in Sydney this year.
- Students who choose to attend a graduation ceremony in Sydney will have their return flights, accommodation, airport transfers from Sydney and breakfast covered by Macleay College.
- Melbourne students were sent information about this option on 19 March 2021. If Melbourne students require more information, please email email@example.com
I am a Melbourne student and I have indicated that I will attend the ceremony but I have not received my ticket. When will it be sent to me?
- Entry tickets to the event and information on flights, and robing were sent via email on Thursday 25 March, 2021.
- Please check your junk mail if you have not seen your ticketing information.
On which flights will I be booked if I am travelling from Melbourne?
- Thursday 22 April, 2021: QF 410 22 April Melbourne > Sydney - 7:00am - 8:25am
- Friday 23 April, 2021: QF 435 23 April Sydney > Melbourne - 10:30am - 12:05pm All students travelling to Sydney will be booked on the following Qantas flights.
- Please make sure you arrive 45 minutes before the departure time to check-in and clear security.
Remember, you must wear a properly fitted face mask while inside the airport and on your flight.
- On arrival in Sydney please collect any luggage you may have and meet your transfer driver at T3 luggage carousel no 1. They will have a sign that says “Macleay College”
- You will then be driven to the Oaks Hotel in Sydney to drop off your luggage.
- Feel free to explore the city prior to meeting at the graduation venue at 12:30pm
- Following the graduation ceremony, you will be able to return to your accommodation to complete the check-in process
What happens after I land in Sydney?
- You will be driven to your accommodation at the Oaks Hotel 317 Castlereagh St, Haymarket NSW 2000.to drop off your baggage.
- You will then have free time until 12:30pm when you are required to be at the venue.
- The Oaks Castlereagh is just a two-minute walk from the graduation venue and a 10-minute walk from the Sydney Campus.
Is breakfast provided for Melbourne students?
- Melbourne students will receive a $20 breakfast voucher for the cafe next door to the Oaks.
Ticket and fee information
At this stage, tickets for graduates have been allocated. If there are any changes to venue capacity, students will be informed accordingly.
When will Sydney students receive their invite?
Invites were sent to Sydney students on 24 March, 2021.
Is there a graduation fee?
No, there is no graduation fee.
What services are available on the day?
There will be a photographer and videographer on the day to capture each student receiving their testamur on stage as well as the opportunity for students and family members to get individual photos taken with a backdrop. A videographer will capture the excitement and overall day. Photos will be supplied to students free of charge within two weeks of the ceremony.
Getting to the venue
Is car parking available?
- The Sydney Masonic Centre and Secure Parking have teamed up to offer guests 15% off ALL parking products at the Secure World Square Carpark.
- To book your discounted parking, visit the Secure Parking World Square booking page, and click “BOOK NOW” next to any of the products and apply the promotional code: SMCFC16.
How do I get there by public transport?
- Arriving by train, the closest station is Museum Station (300m or a three-minute walk) or Central Station (700 metres or a seven-minute walk).
- To walk from Museum Station, simply follow the Castlereagh Street exit signs inside the station, then turn left heading south down Castlereagh Street.
- At the first intersection (corner of Castlereagh and Goulburn Streets), turn left to come to the main entrance of the SMC at 279 Castlereagh Street.
How many guests can I bring to my graduation ceremony?
- Unfortunately due to COVID19 and social distancing restrictions, the first round of tickets released was for graduates only.
- The second release of tickets for guests took place on 6 April.
- At this stage, we are only permitting two guests per graduate.
- Additional seats will be released if they are available.
- To request a guest ticket please click here.
What if I can’t attend the graduation ceremony?
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to notify us that you won’t be attending and we can advise you of your options.
I’ve almost completed my studies. Can I attend this ceremony?
This graduation ceremony is for 2019 and 2020 graduates only.